Started in 2009, Northern Rivers Equine Veterinary Clinic has grown from just myself in a car to the clinic and facilities that you now know in Kyabram Victoria, boasting three full-time vets servicing all aspects of equine work as well as breeding.
Since 2017, the stud component of Northern Rivers Equine has grown and flourished into the world-class facilities that are now present with a world-class stallion line-up to match, including:
- Poster Boy - The Australian champion from Australian Broodmare of the Year and all-American bred son of siring sensation Somebeachsomewhere,
- Soho Tribeca – also from Australian Broodmare of the Year and champion son of American Ideal who continues to leave offspring dominating on the track all over the world,
- Pastor Stephen – an impeccably bred, million-dollar earning stallion and trotting sensation in Europe and the US – providing fresh chilled semen this year,
- Mel Mara – another American sire with a pedigree packed with speed, whom defeated horses of the calibre of McWicked, Sweet Lou and Always B Miki on the track.
- Bacardi Lindy – frozen semen is available from this consistently high performing stallion in the trotting ranks.
With the addition of the quality Woodlands Stud Australia stallion line up, which is spear-headed by the master sire American Ideal, speed sensation and world record holder Lather Up and the globetrotting young sire Speeding Spur, we will stand, in total, eight supreme quality stallions for the 2021 season.
The veterinary clinic and stud complement each other perfectly, however, to enable each business to prosper and grow to their full potential it makes good sense to separate the two entities and hence Llowalong Farms is born with Northern Rivers Equine Vet Clinic continuing to function as normal.
What is the origin of Llowalong Farms?
The naming of it goes to the core of who I am. Being a vet is not just what I do, it is who I am. And this would never have been possible without the support of my Grandfather and World War II veteran Jack Adams.
Without him I would never have got the opportunity to study Veterinary Science at the University of Sydney. With his early influence as a successful farmer and involvement with cattle and racehorses, his unwavering support and the support of my parents, his fine example of work ethic and passion for life I was able to have the opportunity to become the veterinarian I had always dreamed to be.
Llowalong is the name of one of my Grandfather’s farms in Gippsland that I spent so much time at growing up. His property was a beautiful undulating property split by a meandering creek bed and majestic 100-year-old red gum trees.
Llowalong speaks of hard work and sacrifice, it speaks of history and family beginnings and now with my husband, Luke, and two girls Heidi and Georgia I hope to continue this heritage through Llowalong Farms from our current base in Kyabram.
With a unique skillset and knowledge unrivalled in the standardbred stud space in Australia as well as a drive and passion to assist in growing the harness racing industry, we as Llowalong Farms, look forward to leading Victoria and indeed Australia, into the breeding arena long into the future.
I look forward to having you all join with us for the journey!