Haras Des Trotteurs (HDT) is excited to announce that Volstead will be available to Australian breeders this season via frozen semen for a fee of $3850 (inc. gst).
A decision was made earlier this year by HDT in consultation with owner Dean Miller for Volstead not to shuttle due to an impending stallion tax.
Volstead served two outstanding groups of mares in his first two seasons, with outstanding reviews on the resultant foals.
HDT looks forward to working with Miller over the coming months to negotiate shuttling Volstead next season, if the stallion tax proposal doesn’t reappear.
The Nutrien Equine Spring Mixed Sale gives buyers the opportunity to purchase the first Volstead yearling colts ever offered for sale.
- Lot 45 – Aspiring Love x Volstead (pictured)
- Lot 49 – The Pink Diamond x Volstead
- Lot 51 – Purplepeopleater x Volstead
- Lot 52 – Amarula x Volstead
These colts can be paid up for the 2022 Nutrien Equine race series, which comprises lucrative finals.
- 2023 – 2YO colt/gelding series worth $62,500
- 2024 – 3YO colt/gelding series worth $125,000
The sale ends at 6pm on Monday, September 6.