Our champion stallion SKYVALLEY NZ is again the leading colonial sire of trotters in Australia for the sixth consecutive season. During the 2019/20 season his stock won 92 races with 215 placings for $1,164,196 in stakes.
SKYVALLEY NZ has commenced the 2021 season on a high with five individual winners already including the homebred Aldebaran Poppy, who won twice including a heat of the Aldebaran Park Vicbred Platinum Mares’ Sprint Championship.
Scenic Sky T 1.58.2 ($133,450), who notched his 14th win, and Skyline NZ emerged successful at Menangle and Albion Park respectively, the Aldebaran Park bred Jennysfavourite (Maryborough) and Kimkar Dash NZ, who came off a 30 metre handicap at Auckland, were other recent winners sired by SKYVALLEY NZ.
The three-year-old filly Aldebaran Floss NZ, who was bred by Aldebaran Park, posted her maiden success on the grass at Methven, New Zealand, while Aldebaran Alissa NZ, a mare part-owned by Aldebaran Park, won at Geelong and Bendigo.
Another Aldebaran Park part-owned mare, Sun Swinger NZ, who is in foal to Muscle Mass USA, posted her third success on the grass at Motukarara in New Zealand.
The Aldebaran Park bred Aldebaran Ursula (by YIELD BOKO Se) was named the NSW 2YO Trotter of the Year for 2019/20. The filly won five races including three heats of the NSW Foundation Series and lowered the Australian two-year-old trotters’ mile record three times highlighted by a 1:55.7 effort in the Group 3 Graeme Lang Aldebaran Park Trotting Mile at Bendigo.
An interesting foaling in January was Aldebaran Campbell, a colt with an all-American pedigree, being by Muscle Hill out of Aldebaran Turnpike USA (1:59.6), a Cantab Hall mare bred in America and raced in Victoria.
The colt is named in honour of Campbell, a Warragul Cup and Melbourne Showgrounds winner owned by the late John McPherson, the father of Aldebaran Park principal Duncan McPherson and trained by the late Graeme Lang.
We are sorry to report the death of our brilliant, young American-bred stallion ALDEBARAN EAGLE USA, who succumbed to a long battle with illness on January 16.
A son of Muscle Hill USA and the Self Possessed mare Letsjustalkaboutme USA (1:56.2), Aldebaran Park was purchased as a yearling by Aldebaran Park at the 2013 Harrisburg Sale. As a two-year-old he won a $76,000 division of the International Stallion Stakes at The Red Mile in 1:55.2 defeating Centurion ATM, while he took his lifetime mark of 1:52.2 at three years winning at The Meadowlands. He qualified for the 2015 Hambletonian Final and was placed in the Colonial Trot and New Jersey Sire Stakes Final and finished up with a stake tally of $240,926. He was later exported to the southern hemisphere where he qualified in NZ before an injury forced his early retirement.
The first crop of ALDEBARAN EAGLE USA will race as two-year-olds this season with those showing promise such as Aldebaran Yeurial (Aldebaran Eagle USA – Charming Yankee Nz) expected to be at the trials in Victoria in late February / early March.On the sales front, Aldebaran Park has nominated 9 yearlings – the largest draft by any vendor – for the Australasian Premier Trotting Sale to be held at the Oaklands Junction auditorium on Sunday, February 7 - 2020. All our Yearlings - Pedigrees, Photos and Videos are available to be viewed at the Yearlings Sales and Preparation section of our website at www.aldebaranpark.com or at www.austrottingsale.com.au
The consignment comprises four colts and three fillies by the exciting first crop sire ALDEBARAN EAGLE USA, colts by the highly credentialled sires Father Patrick and Love You and a filly by the world champion two-year-old Southwind Frank.
- Lot 106 – ALDEBARAN BRUTUS - A Father Patrick USA half-brother to the Group winner Hotjane Bling 1:53.9 ($132,230).
- Lot 115 – ALDEBARAN MARTY - An Aldebaran Eagle colt from the Group placegetter Naked Majesty (1:59.7)
- Lot 124 – ALDEBARAN BUDDY – An Aldebaran Eagle USA colt from Sundons Babe NZ – herself a daughter of the outstanding Merinai NZ.
- Lot 127 – ALDEBARAN SHAUNIE - A Love You FR half-brother to four winners from Aldebaran Sunset NZ
- Lot 129 – ALDEBARAN SIMBA – A colt by Aldebaran Eagle USA from Yankee Sister – who has left last season’s 2YO filly winner of the Sprinboard Trot in Queensland Aldebaran Selena
- Lot 131 – ALDEBARAN ZOE – An Aldebaran Eagle USA filly - the first foal of Zhenya NZ – 13 wins ($108,499).
- Lot 136 – ALDEBARAN BREE – An Aldebran Eagle USA filly from Aldebaran Breeze who has already left Breezin Around – Grp 1 placed
- Lot 138 – ALDEBARAN CHLOE - A Southwind Frank filly from Aldebaran Crumpet and the family of About Now, Now Another Look and Some Direction.
- Lot 141 – ALDEBARAN DAHLIA – An Aldebaran Eagle USA filly from 8 time winner Aldebaran Daisy.
On the Stallion Front – Skyvalley NZ and Aldebaran Eagle USA were both extremely well patronised and we thank all those breeders around Australia who have again supported Aldebaran Park – we look forward with anticipation to the foals arriving later this year.
There is no doubt that the enhanced VicBred scheme announced by Harness Racing Victoria has stimulated Victorian Broodmare owners which will see an increase in trotting numbers in coming seasons.
We encourage you to Visit our website at www.aldebaranpark.com for further information.
We are “Hot to Trot” at Aldebaran Park.
READ MORE ABOUT THE BIG WINS OF SKYVALLEY'S BRILLIANT PROGENY TORNADO VALLEY BELOW: